Meet Jobee your new Tutor:
Hi there, my name is Joanne (Jobee the computer tutor) and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I am currently working in a few different roles.
- Computer tutor.
- Art tutor
- I work as an Artist doing commission work. Jobee’s Art
- Committee member for the Amputee Society Canterbury and Westland.
- Peer support worker, and volunteer for the Amputee Society Canterbury and Westland.
- Website manager for the Amputee society, and a few other organisations. Amputee information website
Tutors background and Training:
- 2019 Peer Support Volunteer: This is part of the volunteering for peer support through Limbs 4 Life. https://www.peersupport.nz/
- 2017 The Performance edge: This course was run through LMA Leadership Management Australasia
- 2010 Certificate in Web Design and Writing: I completed a Certificate in Web Design and Writing through the open polytechnic.
- 2006 IABA The institute for Applied Behaviour Analysis: Non-aversive Behavioural Support basic principles of positive programming. Comprehensive Functional Assessment & Advanced Support strategies. Emergency Management and Reactive Strategies within a nonaversive Framework. Assuring Staff Consistency and Provision of Quality Services.
- 2005/2006 Diploma in Not-for-Profit Management: I have started working toward a Diploma in Not-for-Profit Management through UNITEC, and completed 2 papers. Culture & Values, and Volunteering, Employee Motivation and Management
- 2004 Train the Trainer Mentors Manual Handling certificate: This was to help staff manage manual handling techniques through Therapy Professionals.
- 2004 Treaty of Waitangi 2-day workshop: This was a 2-day workshop through the Waitangi Associates
- 2004 Future Leaders Programme: The Future Leaders Programme was set up to help foster leadership in the Sector of Disability and within The New Zealand Federation of Vocational & Support Services (VASS). I was fortunate to be selected to participate in this course which ran from February to August 2004. It was run by Paardekooper and associates and was funded by VASS.
- 2003 NAS S.P.E.L.L Programme: SPELL stands for Structure, Positive approaches and expectations, Empathy, Low arousal, and Links. This course looks at each element of the framework, with practical examples to illustrate each component.
- 1984 – 1985 Christchurch Teachers College: Certificate in Teaching People with Disabilities.